The objective of the National CR Sammelan is to nurture, promote and empower Community Radio movement in the country, so that the potential of the medium is fully tapped.
While achieving this primary objective, other specific objectives of the Sammelan are:
- To bring together all operating CR stations and GOPA holders at one place for sharing and discourse
- To create a face-to-face platform where the CR stations are able to share and showcase their efforts and achievements
- To discuss and deliberate on the challenges faced by the CR stations
- To facilitate dialogues between other ministries like MoICT, departments and community radio stations for policy changes.
- To create awareness and urge stakeholders like other ministries to use the potential of community radio
- To engage with other stakeholders like UN agencies and other international organisations for promotion of CR in the country
|CR Compendium 2013
Celebrating a Decade of People's Voices
The Community Radio Compendium 2013 also marks a decade of Community Radio movement in India. The document is a collection of detailed profile of operational Community Radio stations in the county. The some of the key information included in this year's document comprises of mission, vision, programme schedule, content generation and contact information of operational stations. It also presents views and opinions from Community Radio leader on the journey of Indian Community Radio movement, challenges and the way forward.
To download the CR Compendium click on the cover page or click here to download.
Creative Commons: (cc) Attribution Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported